Tuesday, January 13

A Productive Time Of Year (Series 1 of 5)

It is that time of year (at least in Maryland) where everything slows down a bit more that usual. The only thing that stills seems to speed up is time. The months go by faster, the days are shorter, so on and so forth. This always seems to create a inner turmoil for me. It confuses me in a sense. Not like "I can't tell if that is a boy or a girl" confusion. More like one minute I am totally relaxed and smelling the roses and the next minute I'm thinking to myself "Oh shit, where did the time go. I am so behind on xyz."

I feel like this confusion is reflected in how I communicate and act. Those around me must think I am somewhat of a manic. Case in point...this blog post. I started this post to let you know that since starting my 101 in 1001, I've never felt more accomplished. So maybe it is a focus thing...maybe I loose focus in the winter.

I am going to stop rambling now and share with you my latest accomplishments in regards to my
101 in 1001. P.S. I'd love to hear how yours is coming along :)

5. Read 10 books in 10 consecutive weeks (4/10)


So on Friday December 26th I started reading Twilight. (Yes, that is the book about the vampire that all the 12 year old girls are going gaga after.) So, I am ashamed and proud (there is that confusion thing again) to admit that I couldn't put it down. In fact, I finished it by 4pm on the 26th and went right out to the bookstore and bought new moon and eclipse. Well by January 3rd, I had finished the whole series. That's 4 books in 8 days.

Since finishing the Twilight series, I have started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books and Shock Doctrine. I've also bought The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty and Islands of the Blue Dolphins.

Note to Self: After I finish my Productive Time of Year Series I should write some book reviews.

No comments: